The AGREEMed project is recruiting a Postdoctoral Fellow - Full-time contract, renewable up to 2 years - Deadline for Submission: 28th of August 2022.
AGREEMed (Innovative Aquifers Governance for Resilient Water Management and Sustainable Ecosystems in Stressed Mediterranean Agricultural Areas) is a newly awarded project under the PRIMA S2 programme. The main objective of the AGREEMed project is “to improve the capacities of water actors in developing integrated aquifer management plans and demonstrating such development in strategic pilot areas (watersheds) in the Mediterranean region: Souss-Massa in Morocco, Hammamet in Tunisia, and Jordan Valley in Jordan". The targeted aquifer management plans will contribute to safeguarding groundwater resources, supporting socio-economic growth, and preserving ecosystems in the context of global changes. Transferring scientific knowledge, exchanging successful institutional and technological innovations between partners as well as developing pilot area’s specific solutions are the key pillars of AGREEMed project. CIHEAM-IAMM is the leader of a WP4 aiming at the definition of the conceptual, methodological, and operational requirements as well as designing a “Household Farm-Watershed-Nexus Platform” which will serve as a DST to assist in making irrigated farming systems in the three pilot areas more sustainable.
The Postdoctoral Fellow (PF) will play a central role in the WP4 and will be a full member of the project team. Working side-by-side with the Personal Investigator, the PF be responsible for the creation of the Farm-Watershed Nexus platform by mainly the development use of a bio-economic model. Moreover, the PF will coordinate the exchanges within the consortium partners and facilitate the acquirement of the necessary data. He will attain all the necessary meetings and workshops of the project in order to guarantee the well execution of the WP4 Tasks.
Activities and tasks
- Collaborate with the other partners for the collection of the necessary data;
- Develop bio-economic model;
- Assist the coordinator in the supervision and implementation of the WP4, and in following the project work plan;
- Contribute to the create the Farm-Watershed Nexus platform;
- Attend the consortium meetings.
- Contract duration: fixed term contract of 12 months renewable 1 time (up to 24 months);
- Full-time (37,5h per week);
- 8 weeks’ annual leave;
- Salary: According to CIHEAM-IAMM index payroll;
- Location: Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Montpellier (Route de Mende, Montpellier, France) with occasional travels in different partner countries.
The application must be written in English and include a CV and a cover letter concerning the missions defined in the job description. CIHEAM Montpellier is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and gender. Position open to people with disabilities.
- Deadline for Submission: 28th of August 2022
- Selection Committee: 1st of September 2022
- Starting Date: as soon as possible